North Korea submarine missile launch photos were Modified, FAKE, propaganda…
and, North Korea was framed for the “SONY Hack” …. evidence used by Obama was “flimsy” at best. This was a chess move by the SIC (security industrial complex) to lock in the E Patriot Act.
So who falls such things? Hack propaganda? Yellow journalism?
For the last year + every Neo / Lib Con media pundit, Con artist etc… were using these very photos as proof that N. Korea was still at the forefront of the “axis of evil”. S. Korea was shaken down a bit more, as was Asia Corp. (into GlobalCorp) These same TV / Webnews experts will be back next week with a whole new line of crap. At what point does their credibility get challenged by its adoring public?
Actual Picture of Kim Jong Un’s boy slave army – IPU news
SEOUL (Reuters) – Photographs showing a North Korean missile launched from a submarine were manipulated by state propagandists and the country may be years away from developing such technology, analysts and a top U.S. military official said on Tuesday.
North Korea, sanctioned by the United States and United Nations for its missile and nuclear tests, said on May 9 it had successfully conducted an underwater test-fire of a submarine-launched ballistic missile which, if true, would indicate progress in its pursuit of missile-equipped submarines.
On Wednesday, North Korea warned the United States not to challenge its sovereign right to boost military deterrence and boasted of its ability to miniaturize nuclear warheads, a claim it has made before and which has been widely questioned by experts and never verified.
But North Korea is still “many years” from developing submarine-launched ballistic missiles, U.S. Admiral James Winnefeld told an audience at the Centre for Strategic & International Studies in Washington on Tuesday.
“They have not gotten as far as their clever video editors and spinmeisters would have us believe,” said Winnefeld, who is vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Analysis seen by Reuters from German aerospace engineers Markus Schiller and Robert Schmucker of Schmucker Technologie appeared to support Winnefeld’s statement.
The Munich-based pair said photos of the launch were “strongly modified”, including reflections of the missile exhaust flame in the water which did not line up with the missile itself.
North Korea, which regularly threatens to destroy the United States (if attacked by the US – ), had a record of offering faked proof to claim advances in missile technology, Schiller and Schmucker said, such as poorly built mockups of missiles on display at military parades in 2012 and 2013.
The pair agreed with analysis posted by experts on the websites 38north.org and armscontrolwonk.com that the missile was likely launched from a specially designed submerged barge, and not from a submarine (or from the USS Photoshop)
Success (cough): North Korean officials claim this missile proves they can launch rockets from submarines – which, if true, is a worrying development, security experts have said
A photo on state television showed a missile high in the sky leaving a trail of white smoke, whereas other photos from state media showed no white smoke, suggesting the two photos were of different missiles with different propulsion systems, Schiller and Schmucker said.
South Korea stood by its position that the photos appeared authentic. “We haven’t changed our stance that the rocket was fired from a submarine and flew about 150 meters out of the water,” a South Korean military official said.
The North’s National Defence Commission, the main ruling body headed by leader Kim Jong Un, said on Wednesday the submarine-based missile launch was “yet a higher level of accomplishment in the development of strategic attack means”.