CHICAGO (CBS) – A suburban police officer has been charged with reckless conduct, in the death of a 95-year-old World War II veteran who was shocked with a stun gun and shot with beanbag rounds at a Park Forest nursing home last year.
The Cook County State’s Attorney’s office confirmed Park Forest Police Officer Craig Taylor, 43, was charged with one count of reckless conduct in the death of John Wrana, who died following a confrontation with police at the Victory Centre nursing home on July 26, 2013.
In testimony to Congress last week, military leaders told Congress that military personnel are understanding as to why they must take pay cuts. The officials told Congress that troops are ready and willing to sacrifice their pay. The officials said that pay cuts must come first over making cuts to equipment and training, and that the troops understand this best.
Senior Pentagon officials told Congress on Tuesday that troops are willing to sacrifice portions of their pay and benefits if it means keeping and improving the training and equipment needed to do their jobs.
Vice Adm. William F. Moran, chief of naval personnel and deputy chief of naval operations, told lawmakers that sailors he has met with over the past six months have spoken more about “the quality of the service” they’re able to do than anything other topic.
The view was shared by other officials, including Sheryl E. Murray, assistant deputy commandant for manpower and reserve affairs for the Marine Corps.
“I would emphasize our Marines do enjoy a good quality of life. Our Marines love being in the Marine Corps family,” she said. “Most of all, they want the right equipment. … They want to be trained, and they want to be ready. That is the overriding desire.”
James joins Jack for HIS monthly Appearance in hour too!
Topics: Turkish False Flag recording, Ed Snowden sees “change” he can believe in? Sandy Hook Hoaxes, Vlad the Putin, and a first look at The Latest Fort Hood Shooting…
The Corbett Report is awesome!
James joins Jack in HOUR TOO for his monthly appearance.
Media Monarchy joins Jack Blood this month to break down conspiracy bait, bad guys and good news + ‘this day in history’ and much more on Deadline Live!
I have CONFIRMED that this posting below was legit. In fact the phone message says they are recruiting for an upcoming “Military Training Exercise” Gadsden or Gaston? Alabama NEXT. – Jack Blood
From KILLeen Craigslist – up 22 days before the shooting
Role Players for Military mock simulated disaster (Ft Hood)
Multiple people have been injured and the search for the gunman is underway after a shooting at the Fort Hood Army post Wednesday afternoon.
Reports of an active shooter triggered a lockdown at Fort Hood with local sheriff’s deputies and the FBI immediately responding to the threat.
A U.S. Army official at Fort Hood confirms that a shooting has occurred at the base, though the number of people injured and the severity of their injuries has not been confirmed.
NBC News reports as many as eight people may be injured and that there may be two people responsible for the shooting. One of those is believed to be “down” while the second is at-large.
The Fort Hood military installation in Texas is locked down after a shooting that left at least four people dead and injured an unknown number, according to authorities.
Four people were killed, according to government officials. It’s unclear at this moment if the four dead includes the shooter, who officials have confirmed was killed, but that number is believed to include the shooter.
Fort Hood, which remained locked down at 8 p.m., reported that there were multiple injuries after the shooting. However, Fort Hood officials said the number of people injured had not been confirmed.
Shooter angry at Army over refusal to let him attend mom's funeral...
FACEBOOK Page Tribute To Heavy Metal Band... (Our friends SLIPKNOT)
GOP REP: Troops should be armed on base...
EPIDEMIC: At Least 22 Veterans Commit Suicide Each Day...
An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 8.0 has struck off the coast of Chile, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
A tsunami warning was issued following the quake, which was centered 49 miles west-northwest of Iquique, Chile, and was 6.21 miles deep, the USGS said.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said a 6-foot tsunami that hit Pisagua, Chile, at 8:04 p.m. ET. No damage assessment has been made at this time.
A report by the Senate Intelligence Committee concludes that the CIA misled the government and the public about aspects of its brutal interrogation program for years — concealing details about the severity of its methods, overstating the significance of plots and prisoners, and taking credit for critical pieces of intelligence that detainees had in fact surrendered before they were subjected to harsh techniques.
More than two dozen students protested a talk by former Vice President Dick Cheney at American University, and a handful of them called him a “war criminal” as they stormed out.
A video from the March 27 event shows students walking out on Cheney, and one can be heard yelling, “Walk out on war criminals.” The speech was hosted by The Kennedy Political Union. The school’s newspaper, The Eagle, reported that Cheney denied that his actions while in office amounted to war crimes.
Cheney was one of the most vocal supporters of the George W. Bush administration policies after September 11, including waterboarding, placing detainees in stress positions, and other practices that are sometimes referred to as “enhanced interrogation” tactics.
North Korea threatened on Sunday to conduct what it called “a new form of nuclear test”, raising the level of rhetoric after members of the United Nations Security Council condemned the North’s recent ballistic missile launch.
“It is absolutely intolerable that the U.N. Security Council, turning a blind eye to the U.S. madcap nuclear war exercises, ‘denounced’ the Korean People’s Army (KPA)’s self-defensive rocket launching drills and called them a ‘violation of resolutions’ and a ‘threat to international peace and security’ and is set to take an ‘appropriate step’,” the North’s foreign ministry said in a statement on the official KCNA news agency.
The heir to the du Pont fortune pled guilty in 2009 to charges of raping his three-year old daughter, but never spent time in jail
Newly released documents reveal that in 2009 a Delaware judge sentenced a wealthy heir to probation after he admitted he had raped his 3-year old daughter, saying the rich white man would “not do well” in prison.
Robert H. Richards IV, one of the heirs to the du Pont fortune, admitted in June 2008 that he had raped his 3-year old daughter, Delaware Online reports. The girl told her grandmother about the 2005 alleged abuse, and said that her father had said it was “our little secret” but that she didn’t want “my daddy touching me anymore.” Richards was originally charged with two counts of second-degree rape, but accepted a last-minute plea deal on fourth-degree rape charges, a class C violent felony that usually comes with over two years of jail time. Prosecutors sought only probation, and Judge Jan Jurden agreed, sentencing him to an 8-year prison sentence but commuting all the prison time in favor of probation.